cPanel is a UNIX-based web hosting control panel software.
Here is guide for you to install an SSL certificate on a cPanel/WHM. Now this installation process tends to vary based on the different versions of cPanel. Here’s a common installation process of SSL on cPanel/WHM.
Step 1: Download and Extract SSL
- Download your SSL certificate from the *.zip file received in your mailbox. Extract these files to your server directory where you normally keep your certificates.
- This *.zip file contains your SSL certificate, Intermediate certificate, certificate bundle and other important documents.
Step 2: Install Certificate
- Login to your cPanel with correct UserID and Password.
- Click on the SSL Manager in cPanel (SSL Manager will allow users to generate certificate, certificate signing request (CSR) and keys).
- When you will click on SSL manager you will see a dialog box with 3 textboxes. It will look like this:
- Open your certificate ( main file ) in notepad or other text editor and copy all content. In the first box paste all the content of your certificate. Make sure you do include the ‘BEGIN’ and ‘END’ tags.
- In the middle text box, you have to add the correct private key that was generated by CSR (Certificate Signing Request).
- You need to copy and paste your private key manually which may be in your account or used while creating CSR file.
- Open your intermediate certificate using notepad or another text editor, copy all the content and paste it in the bottom text box.
- Click Install Certificate. Done !!
Here I am putting 2 links to verify SSL installed successfully or not -
https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html ( Enter your domain and it will show you expiry date and other details if any error )
https://www.whynopadlock.com/ ( This will show what is main reason for not showing https ( insecure ) even after adding SSL certificate.
Hope you like this content. Free free to connect us if any query.