A package is a collection of preset specifications which define what a user or domain may have access to. An example would be our shared web hosting plans. You would need at least one (1) package to be created in order to create a new account in WHM. You may have multiple sites installed on one package as well.
Creating a New Package - Shared hosting ( WHM )
- Log in to WHM by going to example.com:2087.
- Type in Add a Package at the top left search field to get to the appropriate link.
- Fill out the values you want for your hosting plan, including the Package Name. Below are suggested amounts for a basic static site:
- Disk Quota: 500 - 5000
- Monthly Bandwidth: 5000 - 10000
- Once done, click the Add button at the bottom of the page.
- Now return to the WHM home by clicking the logo in the top left corner.
- Type in Upgrade/Downgrade an Account to access the next portion.
- Select your domain name and click the Modify button.
- Select the name of your new plan and click the Upgrade/Downgrade button.
- All done!
Package Limitations You Can Set
Packages define the limitations of cPanel accounts that you create. The limitations which you may set are as follows:
- Disk Quota (MB) - Disk space in megabytes available for the cPanel account.
- Monthly Bandwidth (MB) - Data transfer in megabytes available for the cPanel account.
- Max FTP Accounts - Allowed accounts that can be created to connect via FTP.
- Max Email Accounts - Total email addresses that can be created on the account.
- Max Email Lists - Set number of mailing lists which can be generated in the cPanel.
- Max Databases - Maximum MySQL databases the account can have.
- Max Sub Domains - The allowed number of subdomains that can be added.
- Max Parked Domains - Total parked domains which can be created.
- Max Addon Domains - Total additional domains that can be added to the cPanel.