This article will show you how to Add, Delete and Manage your email accounts.
Accessing the Email Accounts tool
- Log into your cPanel ( yourdomainname.com/cpanel )
- Open the Email Accounts tool, located in the Mail section of the cPanel.
Creating a new email account
- In the Email:" text box type the User you would like to create an email address for.
- In the Password:" text box type the Password you would like this User to have.
- The Password Strength:" meter will tell if the password you have entered is strong enough. We highly recommend you use a strong password. For more information on this subject? Please see our Knowledgebase article on (Password Strength)
- In the Password (Again):" text box type the Same Password you used above to confirm that they are the same. If the passwords do not match please carefully retype the password into both boxes again.
- The Mailbox quota (optional):" text box is used to specify the amount of your overall hosting storage that will be allocated for that specific email account. The default that should be listed is 250 MB. You can increase or decrease this number as you desire.
- Once the User, Password, and Quota are all accurate; simply click the Create Account" button.
Viewing your current email accounts
Once the email accounts have been created they are listed on the bottom half of the page. You are able to search for email accounts by email address, username or domain name.
Deleting email accounts
To delete an email account:
- Click Delete, to the right of the email account.
- Click Delete to confirm that you would like to delete this email account.
Note: This will delete all of the emails associated with this email account.
Changing the quota of an email account
- Click Change Quota to the right of the email account.
- Enter the new quota for the email account.
- Click the Change Quota button to confirm the new quota.
Changing the password of an email account
- Click Change Password to the right of the email account.
- Enter the new Password for the email account.
- Click the Change Password button to change the password for the email account.
Webmail is all online, so there's nothing for you to set up. Just log in using one of the methods below:
Option 1: Direct
- In your browser, go to yourdomainname.com/webmail.
- Type your email address and password, then click Login.
Choose a Webmail Client
If you've already chosen a default webmail application, you'll be logged right in. But if you haven't selected one yet, now's your chance. We offer three options for webmail that are built into your account, and each individual email user can choose which webmail client they want to use: Roundcube, Horde, or SquirrelMail.
- Roundcube. As our most popular webmail client, it has the look and feel you’d expect from an email application, but is available inside a browser. You can import and use an address book and use IMAP folders with drag-and-drop organization. When composing emails, you can set up preset responses to save time, and write with spell check in a rich text html composer.
- Horde. It's more than just a webmail client—it’s a collection of simple online apps for collaboration including webmail, calendar, notes, and tasks. These extra features do have some limits, however. For example, the collaborative features only work inside Horde; so to share a calendar entry or a note, the person you're sharing it with would also need to use Horde.
- SquirrelMail ( Will not in future update since is going to end ). Perfect simplicity. While it lacks many of the features offered by Roundcube and Horde, SquirrelMail offers a simple, user-friendly interface with more customization possibilities than our other the webmail options.
Click the Read Mail Using link under the client of your choice to log in. Or, if you already know which client you want to use by default, click Enable AutoLoad.
You can also set or change your default webmail client from your control panel by following these steps:
- From your control panel, click Hosting > Email in the main menu.
- Looking at the menu to the left, you should be on the Email Accounts page. If not, go there now.
- Scroll down to your email address and select the drop-down menu under Webmail Client.
- Choose Roundcube, Horde, or SquirrelMail as your default client.
- Click View Inbox to log in.